Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Back to the Studio


It has been a long time since I featured an ad for the Studio from the Springfield Daily News. This is January 1978. The Opening of Misty Beethoven, directed by Radley Metzger, is considered a masterpiece of adult film (for what ever that is worth).


I had to include the other ad as an example of how things have changed in Springfield. I'm not sure if this is the motel that was at the corner of Glenstone and Kearney when I was a kid or not. There were several motels that advertised adult films on their signs. I guess that has been replaced by Continental Breakfast and free WiFi. (Sorry about the quality. The microfilm machines at the Library Center are lousy.

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt