Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm Sick but I'm Not Dead Like These Folks

For the past few days I have suffered from a head and chest cold, so I haven't had the time to update the blog as I would like to. How ever I wanted to mention the passing of these individuals in the entertainment world.


  • Director and actor Sydney Pollack
  • Composer Earle Hagen - The man behind the themes to The Andy Griffith Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Spy and The Mod Squad. He also composed "Harlem Nocturne" in 1939 which became a hit for the Viscounts in 1959. It later became the theme for Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer in 1984. In Hagen's memory, you can either throw a rock into a pond, fall of an automan, run through water beneath a pier or light some dynamite off of you cigarette.
  • Composer Alexander Courage - The man who gave us the theme to Star Trek.
  • And last but not least comic actor Harvey Korman - Second Banana on the Carol Burnett Show and one of Mel Brooks' stock players. My favorite moments in his work with Brooks are in Blazing Saddles when Hedley Lamar shooting a gunfighter for chewing gum and Dracula:Dead and Loving It when Brooks as Dr. Van Helsing ask Korman's Dr. Seward if he has a book called "Nosferatu." Korman smiles and picks up a parcel package "Yes, we have Nosferatu. We got Nosferatu today!" I think I'm the only person that thinks that last one is funny.

I should note that while I am suffering from a head and chest cold, I'm not "suffering from being a douche bag" as 'andrew' claimed in his comment (See previous post).

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt