Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Monday, December 20, 2010

DESDINOVA'S DEMENTED CHRISTMAS THEATER PART 2

I've found two more You Tube Christmas presents for you. The first one I found by accident, but I thought I should post it because it fits me to a T. It is a 1932 Van Buren Studios cartoon entitled "The Snow Man." Most Van Buren cartoons are not very good. I'm going to be honest, I think most Van Buren Studios cartoons suck. They usually feature goofy looking animals "frolicking" and talking in silly, squeeking voices.

This cartoon is different. It cashes in on the hot Hollywood trend of the early 30s - horror films. This features a evil snowman who wrecks havoc and has a laugh like this, "Mwu-HAHAHAHAHA!" See why I like it. This is the unedited version.



Two versions of the same always pertinent message. Both of these are from MGM. One is a 1939Hugh Harman cartoon called "Peace On Earth." Old Grandpa Squirrel explains the irony or the popular Christmas expression "Peace on Earth, good will toward men." This was nominated for an Oscar.



In 1955, MGM's animation team of Hanna and Barbera updated the same story as "Good Will Toward Men." This was also nominated for an Oscar.



Happy Holliday! Seasons Greetings! Peace on Earth and Good Will Toward Men!

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt