Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Did You Ever Watch an Old Movie on TV and Wonder How Many People in the Crowd Scenes Are Dead? George Carlin 1937-2008

Reuters is reporting that George Carlin has died at age 71. This pic is of the young George Carlin. Carlin's humor was an influence on me. I'm probably in radio because of his "Wonderful WINO" routine. He is the guy who created the "Seven Dirty Words You Can't Say On Television." I've been lectured all my life about finding Carlin funny, so there will be no comments allowed. That will keep you Ozarkers from giving me another finger-shaking lecture about what is funny and what is not. I SAY GEORGE CARLIN WAS ONE FUNNY MOTHER&$%&ER!

Here is CNN's coverage. I think the media should go wall to wall with coverage of Carlin's death like they did with Tim Russert's death last week. Also I'm calling for flag to fly at half staff in memory of Mr. Carlin. That would really hack off the talk radio guys, but they deserve. I bet 'Wonderful WINO' is now a talk radio that is "standing up for what is right - even if it is wrong and just plain stupid!"

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt