Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Grammys and an Oscar music award

First off, I was glad to see the Dixie Chicks and Ludacris win Grammys. They beat out that "Bill O'Reilly Sings Love Song About Falafel."

IMDB is reported earlier this week that Italian movie composer Ennio Morricone is disappointed he will receive an honorary Academy Award later this month, because it was his lifelong ambition to avoid winning an Oscar. The 70-year-old Morricone, who has scored over 400 films and is responsible for creating the distinctive scores of Spaghetti Westerns such as Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, Navajo Joe and the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. He says, "After five nominations I expected nothing, in fact I hoped I'd remain without an Oscar. I would have remained in the company of illustrious non-winners. I see the Oscar as a little bit of a fluke - even if those who win deserve it. That doesn't mean that I'm not happy about it. I have received so many beautiful, incredible prizes, but there was a little hole. Maybe the Oscar fills the hole." He was also upset that when the announcement was made they called him Hugo Montenegro.

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt