Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Think the Dark Knight Will Suck


I'm sorry but I just have to say this at the risk of being called "old school," but from what I can tell this new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, is going to suck.


I know the extreme comic book nerds hate me because I prefer the 60s TV show because it had that subversive humor I enjoy. Also I never liked Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. It looked like he drew it on a school bus traveling down a bumpy country road.


What I don't like so far about the new movie is the Joker's makeup. It looks like he put it on while riding in a school bus traveling down a bumpy country road. Too bad Heath Ledger's last great role will be as the Joker with the worst makeup job. According to this CNN report, the Joker IS wearing makeup. In the comic books and the 1989 movie, the Joker's weird look came about because of chemical dye (In the movie, he falls in to a vat and in the comic book he jumped in to escape police capture).


Also notice the dark look of the photos. I'm a little sick of the "Batman-lives-in-a-dark-world" concept. The TV show was overly bright and colorful because the TV networks were trying to sell color TV (I believe RCA dealers gave away Batman mask to kids whose parents bought a new color set). However, I believe if you are going to make a movie, the audience should be able to see what's going on.


I've not seen Batman Begins yet, so I guess before I see the Dark Knight I will have to see it. I don't know. I just think it looks bad.

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt