Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ron Asheton of the Stooges Died


I missed this a few days ago, but I have to mentioned the passing of Stooges guitarist Ron Asheton. He was 60 according to CNN. The Stooges are one of the groups that made me want to get into radio. I didn't hear their music on the air, so I decided to get into radio and add them to the playlist of a radio station I was programming. Unfortunately, I've never made it to programming. It amazes me that the Stooges, Marilyn Manson, the Sex Pistols, and Ozzy Osbourne get passed up for airplay in favor of "family friendly" garbage like Michael Bolton or Sarah McLaughlin. I think this is one thing that needs to be changed about the United States of America.

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt