Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Friday, January 23, 2009

PARENTS TELEVISION COUNCIL CAN "IF YOU SEEK AMY" THEMSELVES


I knew this would happen. I told you that some radio folks were already worried about the new Britney Spears song "If You Seek Amy." I said that radio stations needed to add the song to their playlist to celebrate the end of Bush-era FCC President (and Parents Television Council lapdog) Kevin Martin's term.

Billboard is reporting that the Parents Television Council, a group of right-wing activist led by Brent Bozell who urge people to send spam through their website to the FCC, is urging radio stations not play the song. I believe a wise man once said it best, "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!" HOW DARE THEY DISRESPECT BRITNEY SPEARS? HOW DARE THEY GO AGAINST THE WISHES OF DESDINOVA - THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS?

I'm begging radio station to add this song to their playlist. Even if you are not CHR or Hot AC, I feel this is something that Alternative, Classic Rock and even some country stations could get behind. Also, if you are a follower of mine and work at a talk station YOU CAN PARTICIPATE. The psycho freaks who listen to talk radio get all bent out of shape when the automation plays a commercial during Rush Limbaugh or one of the other talk radio atrocities, so I propose finding a way to play "If You Seek Amy" over Rush, Savage, Boortz, Dr. Laura so their little fans can't hear what garbage they are spewing out.

This would also be good if you are one of the people Clear Channel "let go," but for some reason you are still in the building. Mwu-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fellow radio folk, what I'm telling you is important. We need to start a revolution and now is the perfect time. We need to break from the mistakes of the fast eight year that plunged radio into this mess. I want you to play Britney's "If You Seek Amy" so we can show the PTC (BTW-Why are they causing trouble for radio when they are called the Parents Television Council?) that we have had enough of their stupidity. Do it for me, Jefferson Airplane and the Beatles.

This post will not make me popular, but it is post like this that make me the SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS! Mwu-HAHAHAHAHA!

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt