Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TAKING TIME TO BLOG

Early in the history of this blog, I was attacked by an anonymous commenter that I didn't update my blog enough. That snide remark has made me worry that I don't post enough on my blog.

I'll admit, there have been long gaps in between post at times. There are two reasons for this:
  1. Lack of interest in anything going on. If something doesn't strike me as something I can find humor in or I have a need to speak my mind on, I leave it alone. There are plenty of blogger who will comment on it.
  2. Time. Yes, that is what this post is about. I'm pressed for time due to my "real" job and the odd hours I work. Sometimes I can post at work, but even then I'm usually doing something else. I force myself to blog while fighting sleep when I get home.
I would love to make a post an hour like Tony's Kansas City (That is a rough estimate). Of course, I know of many of the Founding Fathers of Springfield Blogging used to knock out a great post everyday. These days, we are lucky to see a post out of them a month. They are busier than they were in the early part of the past decade.
Some times I have an idea for a post on a current topic, but by the time I get a chance to post anything it is old news. Case in point, my view point on the Super Bowl commercials since I'm an advertising nut. On the other hand, some things have been sitting on the back burner a long time. The spanking post from a few weeks ago has been in my head for a while, it was just some recent things going on that made me go ahead with it. I'm dying to sound off on something I read on another local blog that proved a point I have about certain people's political beliefs.
My advise to bloggers: DO IT YOUR WAY! MAKE THE BLOG YOUR OWN CREATION! Take advise on how to improve your readership or promotion, but don't listen to people who want hard set rules for bloggers. You don't have to give your real name or allow comments if you don't want to. The people who say you have to take comments and give your real name are people who want to harass you over some silly thing like preferring the 60s TV show Batman over that horrible movie The Dark Knight.
Most of all, HAVE FUN! I frequently find myself laughing while posting my opinions. Of course, opinions like these are why I'm the Super Villain of the Ozarks!!! Mwu-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt