Link to new blog

CHECK OUT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF DESDINOVA THE SUPER VILLAIN OF THE OZARKS!!! It is a new blog is a retro pop culture blog. Click here to see it.

Friday, February 29, 2008

I Have a Blogaroni

A whole year of blogging finally paid off. On Thursday, February 28, 2008, I was awarded a Blogaroni Award at the Springfield Local Area Blogger's Award Ceremony. It was held at the Panera on National Avenue.

It was informal. I didn’t rent a tux, but I did make myself a mask, just in case someone took a photo and put it on their blog (I wouldn’t want my true identity to be known).

I had a great time meeting the people behind the blogs I read everyday and talking with those I already knew. We discussed everything from Larry Rice, my coverage of the Chase Waggoner, scandal, "Popcicle Boy," Iphones, and the local blog which we dubbed "Worst Blog Ever" (the guy wasn’t there and probably wouldn’t show up if we asked him).

Congratulations to all the winners. I will post a picture of my "slightly ripped" award. As Sally Field said, "You like me! You really like me."


There is a complete list of nominies over at Larry Litle's sight. Here are the winners: 1. Best Special Event Coverage (Blog and the coverage) -
Life of Jason - Live blogging at City Council

2. Best Comical Blog - Desdinova, Super Villain of the Ozarks -- Winner

3. Best News Blog: KY3 Political Notebook --Co Winner
Branson, Missouri -- Co Winner

4. Best Entertainment Blog: Go Magazine -- Winner

5. Best Photography Blog: Ozark Photos --Winner

6. Best Personal Blog: Fat Jack's Erratic Rants -- Winner

7. Best Local Coverage Blog: Life of Jason --Winner

8. Best Resource Blog: Ozark Storms -- Winner

9. Best Sports Blog (coverage, promotion, or fantasy sports): Springfield MO Soccer -- Winner

10. Best Political Blog: KY3 Political Notebook --Winner

11. Most Improved Blog: The 2 Dollar Bill --Co Winner
Busplunge -- Co Winner

12. Rookie Blog of the Year: Life of Jason -- Winner

13. Blog of the Year: Life of Jason --Winner

14. Blog Post of the YearLife of Jason post: “If I had a retard for a kid…” -- Winner

Buy a Desdinova T-Shirt